Skip to main content


I need a new website. How long will it take?

Generally, the time frame for a new website is about three to four months after you have an initial meeting with our team. Our team will help provide guidance on the architecture, design and content of your website.

When should I submit an article to ENEWS?

Mountaineer ENEWS is used to communicate information internally to faculty and staff on all campuses. For an item to be considered for ENEWS, it must involve an official WVU unit and it does not publish employment openings.

How much notice is required for an ENEWS submission?

Except in extraordinary circumstances, please submit your information to our office at least 72 hours in advance. Mountaineer E-News is published daily at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday, and we must submit all items to University Relations at least 48 hours in advance of the date you would like to have it published.

When should I write a press release?

A press release is used for external communications. A press release is a short, compelling news story directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing a range of news items, including programs, events, achievements and other newsworthy items. Before writing a press release, ask "Is there news value in this story?"

Can a team member help me with my press release?

Yes, we can help you develop content and or edit a press release. Please contact our team prior to writing the press release.

What is the best way to send an announcement to students?

Announcements for students should be directed to  Please contact us prior to sending the announcement to MIX.

What is the estimated turnaround time for a design and marketing project?

Since projects vary in size and design, the times needed for production will also vary. Once your project request is received, the actual turnaround time for completion can be discussed and confirmed with our team. Generally, it will take approximately three to four weeks from your initial request.

Will all of my communications and marketing requests be handled internally?

A majority of your communications and marketing needs will be handled by our team. However, depending on the scope and deadline, we may forward your project to University Relations or outsource.

Can I design and distribute a flyer to promote an event?

Yes, however it must be approved by our team prior to printing and distribution. Our goal is to have each office take ownership of their projects whenever possible.

How can I get creative software?

Contact our office and we will assist you in the process.

Stay Connected with Student Life